Bellaire Recovery Resources - Hurricane Harvey
Recovery from any disaster can be long and difficult. The resources provided here are intended to provide you with information on what next steps to take. If you have any questions or need any additional information, please contact the City of Bellaire at 713-662-8239 or visit our City Resources page. Our team is here to help you and your family in any way we can.
City offices are open Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The City has received a number of questions concerning recovery options from Hurricane Harvey. Additionally, many people have questions about the City's approach to flood prevention. Below is information to try and answer some of these questions. We encourage you to share this with your neighbors and friends in the City and welcome any additional inquiries you have.
Flood Hazard Mitigation
Reports/Presentations on Hurricane Harvey:
- City Manager's Report - Presented Monday, September 11, 2017
- City Manager's Report - Presented Monday, September 18, 2017
- City Engineer's Presentation - Presented Monday, October 2, 2017
- Hurricane Harvey After Action Review - Presented Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Video Below
- The City of Bellaire evaluates each flooding event. Below are a few of the steps the City has taken in response to previous events:
- In 2007 the City adopted its Flood Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- The City is in the process of updating the adopted plan. On August 21, 2017, the City Council authorized the establishment of the City's Flood Hazard Mitigation Task Force. Each meeting of the Task Force is open to the public. Additionally, we will hold a Public Hearing on the recommended changes, and provide notice of that hearing date.
Federal Recovery Centers
Several Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) have opened in Harris County to help individuals and businesses impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
Recovery specialists from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), the State of Texas, and other agencies will be at the centers to provide information about disaster assistance programs and guidance for filing an application. View a list of DRC locations (PDF).
The City of Bellaire will be hosting a public meeting for community input regarding accessibility of services, facilities and grounds on Tuesday, July 30 at 6:00 p.m. at the CenterPoint Energy Community Center located at 7001 5th Street in Bellaire. Read on...
Budgeting for FY 2020, and Beyond Read on...
Party at the Pavilion will be Friday, August 2, 2019 and feature the soulful sounds of The Bourbon Street Experience with the Foreign Policy food truck. These free concerts are on the first Friday of every month at Bellaire Town Square from 7 to 9 pm. Read on...