Bellaire Recovery Resources - Hurricane Harvey
Recovery from any disaster can be long and difficult. The resources provided here are intended to provide you with information on what next steps to take. If you have any questions, or need any additional information, please contact the City of Bellaire at 713-662-8239 or visit our City Resources page. Our team is here to help you and your family in any way we can.
City offices are open Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The City has received a number of questions concerning recovery options from Hurricane Harvey. Additionally, many people have questions about the City’s approach to flood prevention. Below is information to try and answer some of these questions. We encourage you to share this with you neighbors and friends in the City, and welcome any additional inquires you have.
Reports/Presentations on Hurricane Harvey:
- City Manager's Report - Presented Monday, September 11, 2017
- City Manager's Report - Presented Monday, September 18, 2017
- City Engineer's Presentation- Presented Monday, October 2, 2017
- The City of Bellaire evaluates each flooding event. Below are a few of the steps the City has taken in response to previous events:
- In 2007 the City adopted its Flood Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- The City is in the process of updating the adopted plan. On August 21, 2017, the City Council authorized the establishment of the City’s Flood Hazard Mitigation Task Force. Each meeting of the Task Force is open to the public. Additionally, we will hold a Public Hearing on the recommended changes, and provide notice of that hearing date.
Federal Recovery Centers:
Several Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) have opened in Harris County to help individuals and businesses impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
Recovery specialists from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), the State of Texas, and other agencies will be at the centers to provide information about disaster assistance programs and guidance for filing an application. For a list of DRC locations, please click here.
Join us for our first Party at the Pavilion for the 2018 season on March 2! "Big" Al Bettis will perform from 7-9 pm in Bellaire Town Square. Pink's Pizza will provide concessions. The concert is free so bring your friends! Read on...
TxDOT has provided updates and revisions for the closures that are facilitating the proposed reconstruction of the IH 69 Southwest Freeway at the IH 610 West Loop Interchange. Read on...
The City of Bellaire is creating a Community Pathways Plan with the goal of improving bicycle and pedestrian travel throughout the City. This plan identifies potential new projects that could be incorporated into the future Capital Improvement Program. Read on...