As the recovery process begins, one of the first steps is rebuilding what was damaged or lost. The Development Services Department wants to ensure this process is a effortless as it can be. Find flood repair information. The city has waived all fees related to flood repair permits.
The Development Services Department has created several information sheets regarding the permit process:
- FAQ's (PDF)
- Things to Consider When Repairing Your Flood Damaged Home (PDF)
- Process Flow Chart (PDF)
- How Does the Market Value Estimator Work? (PDF)
- Why Does the City Require Permits for Flood-Related Damage? (PDF)
- What Does Substantially Damaged Mean? (PDF)
- How Does the City Apply the "50% Rule"? (PDF)
- My Property is Substantially Damaged, What are My Options? (PDF)
The City's water System did not suffer any damage. The water continues to remain safe to drink. The Wastewater System was impacted by the storm, and restrictions the use of toilets, dishwashers, washing machines, and showers were implemented. These restrictions have been removed.
There will be no late fees charged on utility bills for the month of September.
Regular Solid Waste services have resumed. Please continue to separate your household trash from debris. Harvey related debris removal and hauling operations began Friday, September 8, in the City of Bellaire. The contractor has committed to complete an initial cleanup of every property in the City by September 28. Thereafter, residents can expect at least two more debris pick up opportunities.
Debris Management Operation:
- The work will occur between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM, seven days per week until complete
- It is expected that the clean up will last approximately 6 weeks
- Residents should separate regular solid waste from the storm related debris to facilitate collection of each
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) like paint, fuel, chemicals, etc. will be picked up but not with the first pass
- Appliances will be picked up in subsequent passes as well
- The contractor is working to limit damage to yards
- Yards damaged by debris removal equipment will be graded at the end of the debris removal operation, however sod will not be provided
The City will continue to provide periodic updates relative to these matters.
View more information on your regular Solid Waste Services.
Regular Municipal Court operations have resumed. If you have questions about your scheduled court appearance, please call 713-662-8105. The Municipal Court's offices, located at 7008 S. Rice Avenue, are open Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.