In the next few weeks, the Bellaire City Council will have the opportunity to select a brand identity to reflect the character of the City of Bellaire. The timeline for decision-making is driven by the scheduled opening of the new city hall in September of 2018.
Interested persons have the opportunity to provide input on the brand identity recommendation by submitting comments to the email address provided below. Commenting citizens are encouraged to inform themselves of the history, process, and details of the recommendation.
Brand Identity Recommendation
Chronology and Process
- March 7, 2016 - Cultural Arts Board recommendation to Bellaire City Council to develop preliminary concepts for creating a brand
- April 17, 2017 - Staff presentation to Bellaire City Council on a timeline related to branding and graphic design efforts
- May 2 & 3, 2017 - Stakeholder interviews
- Stakeholders - Cultural Arts Board, Bellaire Historical Society, Citizens for a Beautiful Bellaire, City Staff
- June 19, 2017 - Brand audit report to Bellaire City Council
- September 14, 2017 - Randomly selected focus group
- January 22, 2018 - Staff presentation of findings of brand identity exercise guiding signage for municipal facilities