The Community Relations division of the City Manager's office provides services that help residents and businesses connect with City government. Community Relations uses a variety of tools to provide accurate, timely and reliable information to the public. These include printed materials, City website, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Nextdoor, Blogger) and the cable television network (Comcast/Xfinity Cable Channel 16).
The Community Relations division is responsible for a variety of functions:
- Represents the City at community functions, community meetings, civic organizations, and governmental groups.
- Coordinates city-wide special events and processing Special Event Applications.
- Promotes City sponsored and co-sponsored special events and activities through fundraising initiatives, marketing materials, calendar listings and more.
- Provides public information and education regarding various initiatives.
- Works closely with all departments to maintain up-to-date content on the City's website.
- Oversees the City's newsletter Bellaire Boulevard Newsletter, maintains the City's social media sites, and the City's list serve (notify me)
- Works with Community Partners and maintains community calendar.