Mayor and Council
- 7:00 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Mondays of Each Month
- City Hall
7008 S. Rice Ave.
Bellaire, TX 74401
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are prepared prior to each meeting, minutes are available following approval.
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Mayor Andrew S. Friedberg
- Council Member Neil Verma - Position 1
- Council Member Trisha S. Pollard - Position 2
- Council Member Gus E. Pappas - Position 3
- Council Member Pat McLaughlan - Position 4
- Council Member Michael Fife - Position 5
- Council Member David R. Montague - Position 6
Form of Government
The City of Bellaire was incorporated in 1918 at which time it adopted a General Law form of government. The city’s current form of government, Home Rule, was not adopted until April 2, 1949. The city operates under a Council-Manager form of government. The City Council is composed of a Mayor and 6 Council Members, all of whom are elected at large. The Mayor is elected for regular terms of 2 years, and the Council Members are elected for regular terms of 4 years, with the Mayor and 3 Council Members being elected at each regular election.
The Mayor shall not serve more than 4 consecutive terms in that position, and no Council Member shall serve more than 2 terms as a Council Member.
Local City-Wide elections occur every two years on the first Tuesday in November of odd-numbered years. In conjunction with federal, state, county, and school district elections. The City contracts with Harris County to provide voting locations (for both early and Election Day), election officials and equipment. Voting locations can be found HERE.