- City of Bellaire
- Our Government
- FY2023 Budget
The FY2023 Budget was adopted on September 19, 2022.
Below is some helpful information that details the process and provides links to staff presentations.
FY2023 Adopted Budget and Tax Rate Information
- FY2023 Proposed Budget Presented and Adopted on September 19, 2022
- Certified 2022 Tax Roll and the 2022 Property Tax Rates in the City of Bellaire, Texas
- Record Vote for Tax Rate and Authorize Publishing of a "Notice of Public Hearing on Tax Increase"
- Public Hearing on FY 2023 Tax Rate
- Adoption of FY 2023 Tax Rate
FY2023 Proposed Budget Information
- FY2023 Proposed Budget Presentation Slides - July 18
- Fiscal Forecast FY2023 - FY2027 - Pre-Budget Planning Workshop May 5
- Fiscal Forecast FY2023 - FY2027 - Initial Presentation of Proposed Budget July 18
- Summary of changes to Fiscal Forecast from May 5 to July 18
FY2023 Proposed Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)
The Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) is a short-range plan which identifies capital projects and equipment purchases, provides a planning schedule, and identifies options for financing the plan. Although the CIP shows potential projects and funding for multiple years, only the FY 2023 amounts are appropriated in the adoption of the FY2023 budget. The remaining years shown in the CIP are for planning purposes and are subject to change.
- FY2023 Capital Improvement Plan Adopted September 19, 2022
- FY2023 Proposed Capital Improvement Plan Budget Workshop Presentation Slides - August 1 & 15
- FY2023 Proposed Capital Improvement Plan Planning & Zoning Presentation Slides - July 14
FY2023 City Council Budget Questions
Below is a cumulative list of questions submitted to staff regarding the proposed budget. Questions may be submitted by email to FY2023Budget@bellairetx.gov.
FY2023 Budget Public Hearing
City Council held a Public Hearing on the Proposed Budget on Monday, August 15, 2022, in City Hall. Written comments may be submitted to the City Clerk before and after the public hearing.
- Notice of Public Hearing on the Proposed Budget for the City of Bellaire, Texas Fiscal Year 2023
- FY2023 Proposed Budget Public Hearing Presentation Slides - August 15
FY2023 Proposed Budget Workshops
City Council scheduled the following FY2023 Budget Workshops to discuss these topics from proposed budget with City staff.
- August 1, 2022 - Budget Workshop #1 - Capital Improvement Plan Presentation Slides
- August 15, 2022 - Budget Workshop #2 - Capital Improvement Plan and Fleet Presentation Slides
- August 16, 2022 - Budget Workshop #3 - Budget Considerations Presentation Slides
- August 23, 2022 - Budget Workshop #4 - Budget Considerations Personell and Non-Personell Presentation Slides
- August 29, 2022 - Budget Workshop #5 - Budget Considerations Presentation Slides
- September 12, 2022 - Budget Workshop #6 - Presentation Slides
Budget considerations are requests brought forth by staff for Council consideration to be added to the base budget. These items are not currently inlcuded in the FY2023 Proposed Budget as presented and are will be considered in the final budget adoption process.
Department Service Plans
Strategic planning for departments is a continuous process. Working with City Management and other areas as needed, departments develop a service plan document that is designed to cover a three-year planning period.
City Council Meeting and Workshop Videos
- July 18, 2022 - Initial presentation of proposed budget at regular city council meeting
- August 1, 2022 - FY 2023 Budget Workshop #1
- August 15, 2022 - FY 2023 Budget Public Hearing and Budget Workshop #2
- August 16, 2022 - FY 2023 Budget Workshop #3
- August 23, 2022 - FY 2023 Budget Workshop #4
- August 29, 2022 - FY 2023 Budget Workshop #5
- September 12, 2022 - FY 2023 Budget Workshop #6
- September 19, 2022 - FY 2023 Budget Adoption and Record Vote for Tax Rate