Summary of Benefits
City of Bellaire Employee Benefits
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 12 paid sick leave days per year
- 10 days vacation per year, 12 days after 5 years, 15 days after 10 years, and 17 days after 15 years
- Retirement - Texas Municipal Retirement System - tax deferred employee contribution - 7% of gross salary (The city's matching ratio is 2 times the employee's contribution, supplemental death benefit under TMRS is equal to employee's annual salary, and $7,500 for retirees)
- All full-time regular employees of the City of Bellaire are exempt from Social Security deductions. 1.45% will be deducted for Medicare, the city matches that amount
- Optional Benefits - 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Roth IRA, Supplemental Life Insurance, and other ancillary plans are also available
- Long Term Disability Insurance - premiums paid by the city
- Group Life & AD&D Insurance - premiums paid by the city
- Dental Insurance - 2 plan options
- Medical Insurance - 2 plan options, both including automatic vision coverage and telehealth access.
- Employee Assistance Program - includes 5 free counseling visits per year
- Sick Leave Buy Back Program
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options (including Medical and Dependent Care options)
- Optional Employee Wellness program offering discounts towards medical costs
- No-cost diabetes prevention and care program
Employee Only Portal
For CURRENT full-time employees, please visit BenefitsinHand.com in order to enroll in benefits or request a change in coverage due to a Qualifying Life Event.
Transparency in Coverage
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine readable files are formatted to allow researches, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.